1 of 5
A concussion is...
- a bad headache
- a type of traumatic brain injury
- a bruise of the brain
- none of the above
What are some of the signs and symptoms of a concussion?
- Not feeling quite right
- Confused about play or position
- All of the above
Currently, there are no objective tests for concussion diagnosis or recovery.
When is it OK for athletes to return to play following a concussion?
- As soon as they have "shaken it off"
- As soon as they feel better, but not the same day as the injury
- Two weeks after the injury
- When a health care provider who knows about concussions says it is OK.
A youth athlete who already has had a concussion is at greater risk for sustaining another one.